Online Video – Streamed and Engaging
Video's share of Internet traffic currently surpasses all other uses of the Internet including email, Google searches, Facebook activity and tweets combined. Whether for purposes of entertainment, ecommerce, social exchange or education online video is an essential aspect of any commercial website.
The proper use of video for your Internet presence requires some detailed technical and content strategy planning that, while in line with other content considerations for your website, calls for unique skills and implementation that are unique to the video medium. Key questions include:
- What is the marketing purpose for the use of video on your website?
- Is there an appropriate call to action in the video?
- Will the video lead to repeat or referred traffic?
- What is the right encoding type and bitrate?
- What kind of capacity and publishing platform is appropriate?
- Is video integrated with your social media plan?
- Are the videos well executed, effective and clear for site visitors?
Contact us to learn more about the strategic importance of online video and how leverage it for your website.
Fast Facts: WPDS-TV Channel 14
- Mercury created an online interactive platform that allows WPDS to showcase its content and deepen its audience connections
- Website features features exclusive online content, streaming channels, promotion of offline programming and content subscription services
- Site users can subscribe to RSS feeds of online programs of interest to receive fresh content as it is added to the site
- An extensive library of streamed video, refreshed on an ongoing basis, results in lengthy website visitations
Click to learn more >>